Re: [vserver] CentOS 7

From: <roman.pretory_at_austrianonlines.com>
Date: Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 07:45:55 GMT

Dear Herbert,

I'm not happy about systemd too,
but the choice is now playing like for ~8 years on Debian (only a bit
diverts to redhat) and vserver or use LXD/LXC
there is no doku (the webpage has no change for years),
no repro nothing anymore,
so, using a complete divert Distro playing on the heart by changes on
startup and kernel and by the way the until- too....
not knowing what happens on update process on that changes.

a good choice for a production system??? maybe for playing on Sunday.

For a big big while ago I ask for centos7 ... the answer there is time 6
is working...
yes, its working but not long anymore and 8 is upcoming
I think to inform that it will never or not or in time supported, is
gone a big while ago.

so where is the question about reduced isolation and slighly higher
overhead,
I can’t see the choice please show me how to get such a stabil and
maintaind (kernel und until repro) system like under centos6 on/with
vserver.

BRG Roman